The Rhum Barbancourt 4 year old distils from the 100% sugar cane juice rather than from molasses. The word “Rhum” is from the French language means rum in English. The difference between rhum and rum is the distillation process. Societe Du Rhum Barbancourt invented the brand called, Rhum Barbacourt in 1862 on the Isle of Haiti.
This rhum is younger than the other Barbancourt rums, so it is one of the reasons that it is not as smooth as the 8-years old rum. 3-star rhum is reduced to 43% from 70% ABV before keeping it in large Limousin oak vats for four years. That is why Rhum Barbancourt is different from the other rums from the Caribbean. Let us explore more about this Haitian youngest Rhum and guide you through all the striking peculiarities of it.
Fast Facts about Rhum Barbancourt 4 year-Old
- Rum Type: Gold and Aged
- Price Point: Moderately Expensive
- Country of Origin: Haiti
- Alcohol by Volume (ABV): 43%
Rhum Barbancourt 4 year-Old Notes
- Heavy alcohol Presence is present on the nose as the Rhum Barbancourt 3 stars are relatively younger than the other rhums. It gives a rich flavour of butterscotch, deep caramel, vanilla and buttercream.
- The first flavour of Rhum Barbancourt is somewhat similar to while nosing the rhum, a little rough and sharp.
- The first taste gives the butterscotch flavour with oaky flavour.
- One can explain it a rhum with full of sweet flavours, aroma, and fragrances.
- The taste gets more intense in the finish due to the blow of caramel and spices. The finish extends sweetness with the baking spices that made it different.
- The finish of the Rhum Barbancourt is rough, intense and lively with the touch of spices and pepper.
The first impression of Rhum Barbancourt 4 years old rhum comes in an amber colour that gives the burnt sugar vibe in the first glance.
The packaging of the bottle has a signature logo. The bottle comes in a tall glass bottle with a metal cap. The display language is English. The overall display of the product is sophisticated, majestic, and traditional.
Rhum Barbancourt 4 years old rhum is the blend of pure sugarcane than the byproduct that has been aged a minimum of four years in limousine oak casks before the actual bottling. An economical, amber rum gives you rich alcohol flavour due to brown sugar, dark toffee, spices and a sharp touch of alcohol to the throat. 3 Star 4 years old rhum is the supreme drink and would work exceptional on beachy drinks.
Rhum Barbancourt 4 year-Old, Personal Take
Rhum Barbancourt 3 Stars is considered youngest of all Barbancourt brand rhums. It is well-known due to its high-quality ingredients such as clove, spice with vanilla notes. The 4-year-old is the absolute rum for the sunny beach day with the lime floating in it.
Overall, Rhum Barbancourt 3 stars 4-years old does not have the same tendency as the other rums. However, it has its bizarre sharpness, and touch that makes it an adequate rhum.
Other Rums from Haiti
Other Gold and Aged Rums in the Moderately Expensive Category
- Appleton VX Rum
- Gosling’s Gold Rum
- Old Mill Rum Gold Rum
- Plantation Grande Reverse Rum
- Tortuga Gold Rum