The Rhum Barbancourt 15 Year Rum is originating from Haiti. The word “Rhum” is from the French language and it means rum in English. The difference between rhum and rum is the distillation process. Societe Du Rhum Barbancourt invented Rhum Barbacourt in 1862 on the Isle of Haiti.
This Barbancourt Rhum distills from the 100% sugar cane. At the first distillation process, it contains almost 72% alcohol by volume. During the second distillation procedure, it raises to 90% alcohol by volume. Later on, it is reduced to 43% ABV before keeping it in large Limousin oak vats for maturation for fifteen years. That is why Rhum Barbancourt is different from the other rums from the Caribbean. Let us explore more about this Haitian oldest Rhum and guide you through all the salient features of it.
Fast Facts about Rhum Barbancourt 15 year-Old
- Rum Type: Gold and Aged
- Price Point: More Expensive
- Country of Origin: Haiti
- Alcohol by Volume (ABV): 43%.
Rhum Barbancourt 15 year-Old Notes
- On the nose, Rhum Barbancourt gives a withered with the scent of butterscotch, deep caramel, and aroma of clove, nutmeg, cinnamon, and vanilla. The ambiance gets sweeter with the pleasant touch of dry fruits such as raisins and dates.
- The first flavor of Rhum Barbancourt is somewhat similar to while nosing the rhum.
- The first taste gives the butterscotch flavor with oaky flavor.
- The taste gets more intense and rich at mid-palate due to the fruity flavors with the stroke of caramel and baking spices.
- One can explain it a rhum with full of luscious flavors, aroma, and fragrances.
- The finish of the Rhum Barbancourt is short, warming, pleasing, and gentle with the touch of baking spices like clove, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
Rhum Barbancourt 15 year-Old Appearance
The first impression of Rhum Barbancourt is alluring as it comes in the aesthetic box that depicts the tradition of Haiti and displays a traditional, cultural, and vintage look.
The packaging of the bottle is appealing and charismatic. The bottle comes in a brown tall glass bottle with a metal cap. The display language is French. The overall display of the product is drop-dead impressive, traditional, and delineating Haiti culture.
Rhum Barbancourt has received the gold medal from the Beverages Testing Institute (BTI) for its exceptional flavor and taste. It is one of the finest and phenomenal rhums of Haiti due to its light flavor with a tropical fruity and spicy touch. The light, smooth, gentle, and caramel flavor continues its popularity to this day in the West Indies and all around the world.
Rhum Barbancourt 15 year-Old, Personal Take
Rhum Barbancourt is one of the oldest rhum of the Barbancourt brand. It is considered the best and exceptional selling rhum in Haiti because of its finest ingredients that include Sugar cane, caramel, baking spices, and fruity touch.
Rhum Barbancourt 15 year-old is adored all over the world due to its flavor notes. One cannot regret after purchasing this Haitian product as it is one of the world’s greatest rhums.