Cruzan, verbalized as “Cru-Shun”, is now considered one of the market’s most famous rum and offers many rums at reasonable costs. Cruzan Black Strap Rum is known to be a ‘navy-style’ rum because it has a vigorous molasses taste. But it is a little softer than a navy rum would normally be expected to be.
The release of Cruzan Black Strap Rum went hand in hand with the reemergence of Tiki culture within America in the middle 1990s and was originally commercialized as a completing component to the Tiki cocktails.
Fast Facts About Cruzan Black Strap Rum
- Rum Type: Dark Rum
- Price Point: Less Expensive
- Country of Origin:St. Croix
- Alcohol by Volume (ABV): 40.0%
Cruzan Black Strap Rum Notes
Whenever you take a sip, you get a nice, aromatic sensation.
- Nose: Pancake syrup scents, molasses, vanilla, and fennel indications. On sniffing, you experience a strong dosage of spiciness that operates contrary to the bakery invite issued before.
- Palate/Taste: The rum invades with certain astringency and spiciness, but the smooth molasses modulates it instantly. Once more, pancake sauce is sensed, together with vanilla and caramel. A little coffee, then citrus and spice, specifically cardamom and lemon zest are also noticed.
- Finish: The metallic finishing is slim and quick, though full of strong flavors.
Cruzan Black Strap Rum Appearance
Dark, blackish color due to it being aged and addition of caramel coloring.
Bottle and Packaging
The bottle has an engraved-glass emblem (a reference to the emblem of the Nelthropp family) and a genuine metal screw closing. Besides the scheme of colors, the bottle’s shape is of an evident glass sloping downwards and a label that mentions a little information about the rum.
The Rum Itself
Cruzan Black Strap Rum appears jet-black in the glass and smells just like very tidy and fiercely sweet molasses. The molasses is very powerful when drinking, and afterward, the sweetness persists, just like excellent pancake syrup.
Cruzan Black Strap Rum: Our Personal Take
Since the ABV is just 40 percent, the rum does not burn a lot. This is a delight for the customers who are tired of drinking low-quality rums for the same or higher price. The supplementary taste of maple syrup bundled together with the taste of molasses is a wonderful combination. The taste and fragrance of blackstrap molasses are prominent but the strong involvement of licorice and maple gives the rum an enticing appearance. There is no other rum out there that would offer such a strong taste and aroma of maple syrup.
Cruzan Black Strap Rum has the best and finest molasses you will ever taste in a branded rum product and is great for a range of food and beverage consumption. If we consider the price, this rum is a very good choice. You will not ever have to worry about this rum not being up to the mark. It will live up to all of your expectations. It is also capable of being employed as a simple syrup to impart taste to your generally dull cocktails, so you don’t want to miss this.
Other Rums from St. Croix
Other Dark Rums in the Less Expensive Category
- Angostura Rum Dark 5 Year
- Coruba Dark Rum
- Cruzan Black Strap Rum
- Diplomatico Anejo Rum
- Fernandes Rum Dark Rum
- Ron Abuelo Anejo Rum
- Trader Vic’s Rum Dark Rum