John Wray and Nephew made Coruba Dark Rum for the first time in 1825. It is famous for its flavor and deep color. The dark rum is the fusion of thirty rums and aged for two years in American oak barrels. High-quality molasses is the main ingredient in Coruba Dark rum.
The Solera process always conducts in the procedure to get the consistency of dark rum over time. That is why Coruba dark rum is considered most famous in Jamaica and is used to make cocktails.
Fast Facts about Coruba Dark Rum
- Rum Type: Dark Rum
- Price Point: Less Expensive
- Country of Origin: Jamaica
- Alcohol by Volume (ABV): 40%
Coruba Dark Rum Notes
- Coruba Dark Rum has a distinctive flavor of molasses and apricot with the slight fragrance of alcohol present in the nose as well as the back of the throat.
- Coruba Dark Rum gives unbelievably aroma of cola on the palate. The aftertaste of this dark rum is sweet but slightly woody with full of molasses.
- The finish of Coruba Dark Rum is short, a little salty, and full of olive flavor. The stroke of tar and tobacco alongside makes it pure Jamaican dark rum.
The bottle of Coruba Dark rum has a signature label that states that it has been distilled, filtered, and packed in Jamaica. This rum comes in 40% Alcohol by Volume (ABV) that distinguishes it from the rest of the high dark rum containing 42-46% ABV, best for the planters’ punches.
Coruba Dark Rum has an intricate style with the glass topper cork that enhances its beauty.
The bottle contains either 1 liter or 750 milliliters of dark rum. It has light-weight glass packaging that is travel-friendly. The whole bottle packaging is quite sophisticated, subtle, and appears reasonably competitive to other rums in the same category.
Coruba Dark rum is 100% natural Jamaican rum. It is the blend of thirty different rums that have been aged a minimum of two years in American oak casks before the actual bottling. An inexpensive, reasonable, and funky dark rum gives you pure rum flavor due to its ingredients and sharp touch to the throat. Caruba Dark can be an ultimate choice for mixing in cocktails and tiki drinks.
Coruba Dark Rum, Personal Take
Coruba rum is one of the best dark rums in New Zealand due to its affordable price and robust flavor. It could be a little sharp when having it neat due to the solera procedure so, it would be favorable to take it primarily as a base for tiki drinks and sunset cocktails.
On the shelf of Dark rums, Coruba Rum would be best among all. Its 100% natural flavor, caramel touch, and solera method make it pure Jamaican Rum. Moreover, this dark rum is the Great base for so many classic drinks at an economical price.
Other Rums from Jamaica
- Appleton Special Gold Rum
- Appleton VX Rum
- Appletons White Rum
- Mount Gay Eclipse Rum
- Myers Dark Rum
- Myers Platinum Light Rum
- Sea Wynde Rum Gold Rum
Other Dark Rums in the Less Expensive Category
- Angostura Rum Dark 5 Year
- Cruzan Black Strap Rum
- Cruzan Dark Rum Estate 2 Year
- Diplomatico Anejo Rum
- Fernandes Rum Dark Rum
- Ron Abuelo Anejo Rum
- Trader Vic’s Rum Dark Rum