Underneath the Ron de Castillo division, Castillo Spiced Rums is a company located in Puerto Rico by rum goliath Bacardi. These are typical fashioned rums crafted from molasses. Castillo Spiced Rum is a gold rum. This rum is a pleasant and spicy concept of Castillo Rums. It is known as ‘Spiced’ rum due to the special combination of spices as well as certain natural flavors. Such flavors greatly enrich the rum’s exquisite flavor. It can be mingled with cola and natural juices to make delicious cocktails.
Fast Facts About Castillo Spiced Rum
- Rum Type: Spiced Rum
- Price Point: Less Expensive ($)
- Country of Origin:Puerto Rico
- Alcohol by Volume (ABV): 35.0%
Castillo Spiced Rum Notes
Whenever you take a sip, you get a nice, aromatic sensation.
- Nose: It has a dry theme with a hinge of butter pecan, maple, gardenia, and honeysuckle odor. Spices, cloves, and vanilla aroma is also detected.
- Palate/Taste: The rum enters the mouth with a certain spiciness, but it immediately adjusts with the sweet molasses. It is a delightful mix of roasted pineapple, slightly sweet vanilla cream, and buttery walnut and caramel blends.
- Finish: Polished, long-lasting. moderate anise, light clove, and allspice finishing.
Castillo Spiced Rum Appearance
Bottle and Packaging
Apart from the scheme of colors, the bottle’s appearance is that of a glass sloping downwards and a black label that mentions the name and some information regarding the rum in golden color. But the word ‘Spiced’ is written in red color. The bottle is closed with a black metal cork.
The Rum Itself
Castillo Spiced Rum appears light brown in color due to being distilled from fermented molasses and the addition of spices. The taste of molasses is very prominent while drinking, which negates the harshness of the alcohol.
Castillo Spiced Rum: Our Personal Take
Because the ABV is only 35 percent, the mouth does not burn much. If you are tired of dealing with lower quality rums at the same or more price, this is an amazing option for you. It blends really well with 3 ounces of cola to 1 ounce of spiced rum. The blended cocktail flavor is just like that of a good vanilla cola. The unique flavor of vanilla packaged along with the flavor of molasses is a great blend. For the best experience, you should mix it with cola or some other beverage.
When we talk about a branded rum product, Castillo Spiced Rum has the richest and best molasses you will ever experience. It tastes perfect with a variety of food and drinks. If we consider other rums in the same price range, this rum is quite affordable. You will not feel disappointed after drinking this rum. It will satisfy whatever you were expecting from a rum at this price. You do not want to miss out on this amazing rum as it will work wonders for you, especially when you are in the mood for a delicious cocktail.
Other Rums from Puerto Rico
- Bacardi 8 Rum: 8 Year Aged
- Bacardi Gold Rum
- Bacardi Silver Light Rum
- Captain Morgan Spiced Rum
- Ron Castillo Rum Light Rum
- Castillo White Light Rum
- Palo Viejo Gold Rum
- Ron Castillo Rum Gold
- Ronrico Rum Gold