Bacardi 8 Rum is considered the sole preserve of Don Facundo Bacardi and his family for more than 130 years. It is the most famous rum among all the other rums of Bacardi’s. The Reserva Ocho first founded this rum in 1862. Afterward, the seven generations of Bacardi’s family enjoyed it before releasing it to the local public in 1995. Today, Bacardi 8 rum is considered well-crafted and refined for the mature palate due to its sharp and fruity flavors.
Fast Facts about Bacardi 8 Rum
- Rum Type: Dark rum
- Price Point: Moderately Expensive
- Country of Origin: Puerto Rico
- Alcohol by Volume (ABV): 80%
Bacardi 8 Rum Notes
- This rum gives a well-balanced and inviting aroma initially.
- It provides gentle fragrances of vanilla, caramel, and plums with the stroke of refined oak spiciness with the indication of cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Bacardi 8 rum gives light smoke oak spiciness in the palate.
- The smoky flavor helps to carry other flavors such as the delicate sweetness of apricot, raisins, and dates with notes of allspice, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
- Bacardi 8 rum has a smooth and luscious medium-length finish with the oak flavors and fruity sweetness.
The appearance of Bacardi 8 rum is solid. The bottle has a simple presentation with the cork. The cork of the bottle is large and synthetic. The topper cork gives with the fruity fragrance of the ingredients when you open it. Overall, the bottle is handy, well-made, nice touch, and travel friendly.
This rum has updated its looks for 8 Años Rum. The new packaging has both English and Spanish labels, and it states aged for eight years. Bacardi 8 rum is available in different sizes from 1 liter to 750 milliliters. The polyethylene terephthalate (PET) features a different keystone design on the neck. The toper cork makes it an aesthetic and distinguishes it from the other rums of Bacardi’s.
The Bacardi 8 rum is hand-blended, carefully filtered, and aged for eight years in oak barrels. The rum is a little smoother. It tastes decent when sipped with ice cubes. The 8 years old rum brings a well-balanced mellow character with nuances of vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg with smooth caramel touch.
Bacardi 8 Rum, Personal Take
Bacardi 8 rum is one of the best rums in the marketplace of rum due to its refined ingredients and fruity touch. The golden complexion is expertly crafted in oak barrels for eight long years to give it gentle and smooth palates. It has a strong aroma of tropical fruits, oaky spiciness, and vanilla. The taste further brings soft flavors of caramel, peels, and nutmegs.
Bacardi 8 rum is the international sensation due to its flavor, taste, and appearance to the public. It has a pleasant flavor of tropical fruits, spices, vanilla, and caramel. The Bacardi 8 rum is considered famous among other rums of the brand that holds its place in consumers’ hearts since 1995.
Other Rums from Puerto Rico
- Bacardi Gold Rum
- Bacardi Silver Light Rum
- Captain Morgan Spiced Rum
- Castillo Spiced Rum
- Castillo White Light Rum
- Palo Viejo Gold Rum
- Ron Castillo Rum Gold
- Run Castillo Rum Light Rum